Purpose of the association
The purpose of the association is "the promotion of education and culture" by supporting the project Leipziger Notenrouten – Leipzig Music Routes developed by the Leipzig Notenspur Initiative.
This purpose of the association is realized in particular by the following measures and tasks (selection):
- Informaing members and public about the Music Routes
- Activities and events to anchor the unparalleled density of authentic composer sites in Leipzig in the public perception as a unique selling point for the city and an identity-forming feature for its population.
- Promotion of the presentation of the Leipziger Notenspur music route as a tourist attraction, in particular through information, PR and mediation measures
- Implementation of and participation in music-related, experience-oriented city explorations
- Promotion of an intergenerational design of the Music Routes as well as development of corresponding information material
- Organization and implementation of music-related events for cultural education and social integration
- Development and realization of the “European Music Trails" with music as the connecting "mother tongue" of people of different nations, religions and cultures
- Organization and realization of commemorative projects on Jewish musical culture
Prof. Dr. Werner Schneider
Chairman of the Board
Notenspur Leipzig e.V.
Phone: +49 341 / 97 33 741
Phone: +49 341 /25 35 48 60
Members of the association
In addition to numerous private individuals, the following institutional members belong to the association:
- University of Music and Theatre "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Leipzig
- Leipzig Tourism and Marketing Ltd. (LTM)
- Mendelssohn House Leipzig
- Museum for Musical Instruments of the University of Leipzig
- Robert and Clara Schumann Society Leipzig e.V.
- Grieg-Begegnungsstätte Leipzig e.V.
- Leipzig Gewandhaus
- forum thomanum Leipzig e.V.
- Straße der Musik
Board of Directors
Prof. Dr. Werner Schneider, Chairman of the Board, Head of Leipziger Notenspur-Initiative, Visiting Scientist University of Leipzig
Dipl. phil. Wolfgang Gühne, retired
Prof. Dr. Eszter Fontana, former director of the Museum of Musical Instruments at the University of Leipzig
- Prof. Thomas Lennartz, Prorector for Artistic Practice, University of Music and Theatre "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Leipzig
- Dr. Jörg Schmidt, Managing Director MFPA Leipzig GmbH Gesellschaft für Materialforschung und Prüfungsanstalt für das Bauwesen Leipzig mbH (Society for Materials Research and Testing for the Building Industry Leipzig)
Responsible inspecting authority: Local Court Leipzig No. VR 4677
Tax identification number: 231/140/32271
Non-profit status: Recognized by certificate of the tax office Leipzig I from 03.02.2009; confirmed on 30.12.2019
Bank account: Sparkasse Leipzig
IBAN: DE98 8605 5592 1100 8042 06